NVIDIA’s new DLSS 2.0 technology is bringing artificial intelligence to the forefront of graphics processing.
What is DLSS?
DLSS, or, “deep learning super sampling” is NVIDIA’s attempt to, “redefine real-time rendering through AI-based super resolution.” Dedicated cores on Gforce RTX GPUs, called Tensor Cores, will allow these cards to utilize a deep-learning neural network in order to process graphics data more quickly. This advancement will allow GPU’s to render fewer pixels, using AI to fill in the gaps and construct sharper images, as well as boosting frame rates. Once the network has been trained, it can run in real time simultaneously with even the most intensive 3D games. Put simply, this was not possible prior to tensor core invention.
By taking some of this processing workload, DLSS 2.0 will allow gamers the ability to maximize settings like raytracing and get higher quality imagery off of their GPU’s current performance. Smaller details, wear and tear, and texture will be easier to render using this technology.
DLSS Key Features
Here are some of the key enhancements outlined by NVIDIA:
- Superior Image Quality – DLSS 2.0 offers image quality comparable to native resolution while rendering only one quarter to one half of the pixels. It employs new temporal feedback techniques for sharper image details and improved stability from frame to frame.
- Great Scaling Across All GeForce RTX GPUs and Resolutions – A new AI network more efficiently uses Tensor Cores to execute 2X faster than the original. This improves frame rates and eliminates previous limitations on which GPUs, settings, and resolutions could be enabled.
- One Network For All Games – The original DLSS required training the AI network for each new game. DLSS 2.0 trains using non-game-specific content, delivering a generalized network that works across games. This means faster game integrations, and ultimately more DLSS games.
- Customizable Options – DLSS 2.0 offers users 3 image quality modes – Quality, Balanced, Performance – that control the game’s internal rendering resolution, with Performance mode enabling up to 4X super resolution (i.e. 1080p → 4K). This means more user choice, and even bigger performance boosts.
Better Gaming, Better Performance
DLSS 2.0 is coming to games like Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Fortnite, Watch Dogs: Legion, Boundary, and Bright Memory: Infinite, to name a few. On select 3090 GPUs, DLSS ultra performance mode will allow for gaming in 8K resolution.
Harness the Power of DLSS in Your PC
You’ll find gaming pcs with DLSS 2.0 capability in our store!
Here’s how to get started:
- Easy Builder – just pick your games and budget, and customize as needed without worry about compatibility or assembly. We’ll ship you your custom prebuilt PC tested and ready to go.
- Customize – Whether you decide on an Intel or AMD system, we’ll make sure your PC suits your performance needs.
- Signature Series – Take a look at some of our signature products full of custom features and configurable options.
- Creator Series – If you’re a content creator primarily, or you want a PC that can do it all, start here.